Ferndale Police Recognize Officers, Volunteers at 2018 Awards Banquet
Last Friday, officers, employees and their families, volunteers and local elected officials gathered at the Pioneer Pavilion to honor the accomplishments of the Ferndale Police Department over the last year. This new tradition allows the department the opportunity to spotlight outstanding examples of leadership and service.
“This is an opportunity for our officers to connect with each other, and reinforce the values of public service that make our department a great place to work.” said Police Chief Kevin Turner. “We have some great people working for us, and with us. I’m proud to have this opportunity to appreciate their dedication to our community.”
The following awards were presented:
- Volunteer of the Year: SCOPE Don Hubbard
- Patrol Partner of the Year: Officer Eric Grant
- Medal of Merit: Detective Justin Pike
- Chief’s Award of Excellence in Teamwork: Officer Josh Scott & Officer Eric Grant
- Employee of the Year: Kim Martin, Support Specialist
- Officer of the Year: Detective Melanie Campos
This event was made possible without expending any public funds thanks to Haggen Market Street Catering who donated their catering services for the event. Donations were also made by the Ferndale American Legion and the Ferndale Heritage Society who provided the table settings. Roger Quiggle provided the music and atmosphere for the event.