Pump Station 15 Decommissioning
Pump station 15 is located on Smith Road and was originally installed to serve the Bellaire Estates neighborhood. As the City has grown and development has occurred in the area, the sewer system has been upgraded to a gravity main, allowing the City to decommission the aging pump station.
Work will include installation of 650’ of new 8” diameter gravity sewer main and decommissioning and removing controls at pump station 15. Work on this project is scheduled to begin on Monday, October 30, 2023. During construction, Smith Road will be closed to through traffic (meaning anyone not leaving from or travelling to one of the homes and/or businesses within the closure area). Through traffic will be detoured around the closure via Barrett Road, Main Street/Axton Road, and Northwest Drive. The project is anticipated to take one month, so the estimated road closure duration will be from October 30 to November 30, 2023. WEST SMITH ROAD TO BE CLOSED DURING CONSTRUCTION. View the map of the closure area and detour route.
The project will be funded from the City’s sanitary sewer utility. Due to the nature and complexity of the work and available space to complete the improvements, it is not possible to safely accommodate both traffic and construction efforts, necessitating closure of Smith Road. This closure will remain in effect for the duration of the project, including evenings and weekends. If you have questions regarding the planned improvements or the detour, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Ferndale Public Works at (360) 384-4006.
We appreciate your patience and understanding as we complete these important utility upgrades to our system.
- Pump Station 15 Decommission Narrative and Estimates (excerpt from the Comprehensive Sewer Plan, available in its entirety here)
- Request for Qualifications – Published January 12th, 2022
- Advertisement for Bid
- Engineer’s Estimate Range is $705K to $865K
- Pre-Bid Meeting
- September 14, 2023 at 3:30 p.m.
- The pre-bid meeting will be held in the downstairs conference room of Ferndale City Hall, 2095 Main Street, Ferndale, Washington 98248. If you are unable to attend the meeting in person, the discussion will be livestreamed via Microsoft Teams. Use this link to view the meeting. A jobsite visit may follow upon request.
- Pre-Bid Meeting Agenda
- Bid Opening
- September 21, 2023, at 2:00 p.m.
- The bid opening will be held in the downstairs conference room of Ferndale City Hall, 2095 Main Street, Ferndale, Washington 98248. If you are unable to attend the bid opening in person, it will be livestreamed via Microsoft Teams. Use this link to view the bid opening.
- Bid Results – Not final until tabulated and certified.
- Bid Tabulation
- Plan Holder List – BIDDERS MUST REQUEST TO BE ADDED TO THE PLAN HOLDER LIST. Please email email@example.com to be included on the list. This document will be updated daily as plan holders request to be added to the list.
- Project Specifications
- Project Plans – If you require a hard copy set of drawings or specifications, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call ahead to City Hall at (360) 384-4006 to ensure we have a copy available and ready for pickup. City Hall hours are Monday – Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm. Digital downloads are available below:
- Addendum No. 1 – Issued 9/12/23
page last updated 231024 kr