Pump Station 15 Decommissioning
Pump station 15 is located on Smith Road and was originally installed to serve Bellaire Estates. As the City has grown and development has occurred in the area, the sewer system has been upgraded to a gravity main, allowing the City to decommission the aging pump station.
Work will include installation of 650’ of new 8” diameter gravity sewer main and decommissioning and removing controls at pump station 15.
The project will be funded from the City’s sanitary sewer utility and work is expected to begin in fall 2023. During construction, Smith Road will be closed to through traffic, including evenings and weekends to provide sufficient safe area for the contractor to install the new deep sewer excavation. Traffic will be detoured around the closure via Barrett Road, Main Street/Axton Road, and Northwest Drive.
- Pump Station 15 Decommission Narrative and Estimates (excerpt from the Comprehensive Sewer Plan, available in its entirety here)
- Request for Qualifications – Published January 12th, 2022
- Advertisement for Bid
- Engineer’s Estimate Range is $705K to $865K
- Pre-Bid Meeting
- September 14, 2023 at 3:30 p.m.
- The pre-bid meeting will be held in the downstairs conference room of Ferndale City Hall, 2095 Main Street, Ferndale, Washington 98248. If you are unable to attend the meeting in person, the discussion will be livestreamed via Microsoft Teams. Use this link to view the meeting. A jobsite visit may follow upon request.
- Pre-Bid Meeting Agenda
- Bid Opening
- September 21, 2023, at 2:00 p.m.
- The bid opening will be held in the downstairs conference room of Ferndale City Hall, 2095 Main Street, Ferndale, Washington 98248. If you are unable to attend the bid opening in person, it will be livestreamed via Microsoft Teams. Use this link to view the bid opening.
- Bid Results – Not final until tabulated and certified.
- Bid Tabulation
- Plan Holder List – BIDDERS MUST REQUEST TO BE ADDED TO THE PLAN HOLDER LIST. Please email email@example.com to be included on the list. This document will be updated daily as plan holders request to be added to the list.
- Project Specifications
- Project Plans – If you require a hard copy set of drawings or specifications, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call ahead to City Hall at (360) 384-4006 to ensure we have a copy available and ready for pickup. City Hall hours are Monday – Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm. Digital downloads are available below:
- Addendum No. 1 – Issued 9/12/23
page last updated 230914 kr