The City Council meeting at 5:00 p.m. on Monday, December 7, 2020 (note the time change from the regular start time of 6:00 p.m.) will be held remotely via Microsoft Teams, with staff and Councilmembers accessing the meeting from individual locations. This complies with Governor Jay Inslee’s Proclamation 20-28, as extended through December 7, 2020.
This is still an open public meeting as defined by the Open Public Meetings Act. The City will be using Microsoft Teams to livestream the council meeting. Members of the public do not need to download anything to view the proceedings. To join the meeting, click here.
Included in Monday’s meeting are three Public Hearings, listed below. Members of the public may provide comment during the public hearing(s) by one of the following methods:
- 2021 Budget Adoption: Email Finance Director Sirke Salminen prior to the meeting. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Main Street Comprehensive Plan Amendment: Email Community Development Director Haylie Miller prior to the meeting. (email@example.com
- Portal Way Comprehensive Plan Amendment: Email Community Development Director Haylie Miller prior to the meeting. (firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone in when the Mayor announces the opening of the public hearing. 360-685-2385
- In-person at 6594 Second Avenue. Those who wish to offer a comment in person will be required to wear a face mask and observe social distancing requirements.
Members of the public who wish to submit comments on items not on the agenda are encouraged to submit written comments to City Clerk Susan Duncan by emailing email@example.com. Comments received prior to 4:30 p.m. Monday, December 7 will be read during the public comment period of the meeting and included in the meeting record. For more details on submitting public comments for a remote meeting click here