Metalworks Skatepark Project
Scheduled for construction in 2023 and 2024, Metalworks Skatepark will be the newest, rad, legit, fleek, savage, wicked, and sweet addition to Ferndale’s recreation facilities. The project is made possible through grant funds provided by the Washington State Recreation and Conservation Office and Whatcom County’s Economic Development Investment Program. The project will build a 10,000 square foot skate park off Second Avenue near Phillips 66 Sports Complex, Pioneer Park, and Star Park.
rendering of future Metalworks Park
- Advertisement for Bid
- Engineer’s Estimate Range is $985K to $1.5M, including alternates
- Pre-Bid Meeting
- September 28, 2023 at 2:00 p.m.
- The pre-bid meeting will be held in the downstairs conference room of Ferndale City Hall, 2095 Main Street, Ferndale, Washington 98248. If you are unable to attend the meeting in person, the discussion will be livestreamed via Microsoft Teams. Use this link to join the meeting. A jobsite visit may follow upon request.
- Bid Opening
- October 5, 2023, at 2:00 p.m.
- Bids are due at the Public Works Department, located on the second floor of Ferndale City Hall, 2095 Main Street, Ferndale, Washington 98248.
- The bid opening will be held in the downstairs conference room of Ferndale City Hall, 2095 Main Street, Ferndale, Washington 98248. If you are unable to attend the bid opening in person, it will be livestreamed via Microsoft Teams. Use this link to view the bid opening. Bid results will be posted on this page shortly after the bid opening. Bid results are not final until tabulated and certified.
- Plan Holder List – BIDDERS MUST REQUEST TO BE ADDED TO THE PLAN HOLDER LIST. Please email email@example.com to be included on the list. This document will be updated daily as plan holders request to be added to the list.
- Addenda – BIDDERS MUST ACKNOWLEDGE RECEIPT OF ADDENDA AS PART OF THEIR BID.
- Addendum 1 – Issued 9/20/2023
- Project Specifications
- Project Plans – If you require a hard copy set of drawings or specifications, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call ahead to City Hall at (360) 384-4006 to ensure we have a copy available and ready for pickup. City Hall hours are Monday – Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm.
Bids are required from contractors before we can choose who will build the project. Over the next few weeks, construction professionals from all over the country will be reviewing the City’s plans and putting together a proposal to construct your brand new skatepark with plaza, bowl and streetscape features.
Want to keep up to date on the project? STAY TUNED HERE or sign up to be on our email list below ⇩⇩⇩. The next step will be the City’s evaluation of those bids and selecting the contractor. Bids open on October 5th and will be forwarded to City Council for approval at the meeting scheduled for October 16th.
page last updated 230920 kr
Sign up below to receive updates and opportunities to get involved with Metalworks Skatepark
Metalworks will incorporate design and artistic features that emphasize Ferndale’s rich industrial heritage. The Project will feature skatepark design principles that will allow skateboarders, BMX, and scooter riders develop their skills and will feature a mix of street and transitional-style terrain with elements designed for all age groups and ability levels, beginner to advanced.
“This has been something people have been asking about for years,” said Mayor Greg Hansen, “and I’m so excited that we are finally able to make it happen.”
News & Information
- July 1st, 2021: Ferndale Receives Grant for Skate Park, Construction Slated for 2023
- July 28th, 2021: Request for Qualifications for Design Engineering Services
- Jan. 26th Design/Visioning Workshop with New Line Skate Parks.
- March 17th Design Review Workshop with New Line Skate Parks.
- April 7th Final Design Presentation Workshop with New Line Skate Parks.