Ferndale Community Coalition
The Ferndale Community Coalition engages the community to promote healthy youth development by addressing equity, safety and substance abuse issues
Our vision is a courageous community where all young people thrive. We believe that safe, trusted adults are vital to improving the overall wellbeing of young people and have the power to contribute to their:
- Protective factors and positive childhood experiences by maintaining positive, healthy connection with youth, helping youth foster healthy peer relationships and cultivating a community culture of equity and belonging.
- Hope by guiding youth to pathways to their goals, celebrating each step and encouraging them to keep going even in the face of obstacles.
We meet monthly from August to June. We work to represent a cross-section of our larger community, believe that all voices are important, and welcome new members.
Join us! Contact us for more information about the coalition or to be added to the email list.
Stay connected through our Facebook page!
Sign up to be notified about the next Strengthening Families Program for ALL families with youth aged 10-14!
Youth substance abuse prevention and mental wellness promotion efforts in Ferndale supported through our strategic plan include:
- Student Assistance Program at FHS
- School-based case management and groups – Communities in Schools
- Family programs – WSU Extension Strengthening Families Program
- Campaigns, programs and projects promoting hope, healthy choices for youth and connections with peers, family, school and community
- Policy/protocol development and systems coordination
- Training and resources for youth, parents and professionals
- Prevention/Intervention services and youth-led prevention clubs and events in Ferndale Schools
Learn more about how families in Whatcom County are growing healthy, hopeful kids!
The Ferndale Community Coalition is part of the Community Prevention and Wellness Initiative through the Division of Behavioral Health – Washington State Health Care Authority